Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My P.T. put the smack down on me

You read it right. I went back for my first doctor prescribed P.T. appointment and after the new examination and some question and answer I got the news that made my heart sink. Mind you Wendy is some one I have the utmost respect for. Well the news was I have a choice to make. I can either keep my current job or keep running but I can't do both, My back won't take it. I put some serious thought to what she said, I am already back in school part time and as soon as I get admitted in Physical Therapy Assistant school I will be quiting my current job and finding a part time job. I absolutely can't stop running it does so much for me that the benefits from it out weigh the benefits of my job. It's time for me to keep my eyes peeled for a new one. I am off work for two weeks trying to give my back some rest, I will not run during this time adding to the fact that I was just back to running this last week and only got in two runs before the news. Well I am going absolutely insane, I want to run so bad I can't stand it. I bought a bike a week and a half ago but that doesn't quite cut it, I'm going to try swimming and see how that does until I can get back in the saddle. So I guess I'm on the sidelines with PP. Wish me luck in finding a job that's at least close to my income level and less lifting and twisting and turning. I raise a tear filled glass to those of you still running, I hope to join you all again soon.

1 comment:

dr. deetschei said...

Holy. Shit. You are hardcore, son! Even accounting for the fact that you are switching jobs soon anyway, you are officially the first person on this blog that I know of who quit their job so that they may keep running. Man, my biggest sacrifice has probably been limiting myself to six of PP's cocktails instead of the usual ten! I saw on Nike + that Sixpack had a moment of internet available to him, we may not be holding this down on our own for much longer.