Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yesterday's Run: An Update

I realized yesterday's post was less than emphatic, so I thought I'd correct that.

I'm very happy to be back running again, and if my legs today are any indication of what lays in store for me as I recover, well then I'm absolutely, positively, and pleasantly excited! I'm not sore. Well, not really. My quads are tired, but the soreness I felt in my ankles after the last run has not plagued me today. I attribute some of this to the fact that I stretched a lot more yesterday than I normally do. I also focused a lot on not letting my form deteriorate as the run went on. You know when you get tired and you start to schlepp along? I did my best not to do that.

This means I need to stretch more before running, and some added situps are definitely in order to help control the form. Abs! Not my favorite exercise.

So, I'm feeling good and ready for another run tomorrow!

No comments: