Sunday, March 22, 2009

What's the Skinny?

Did somebody say skinny? Oh right, that was me. So, the skinny is that I have been running since I last posted. The whole 15 mi/week business was a great idea in theory, but I haven't been able to put it back into practice since my last post. Booo! However, there was a birthday in there, which required mostly drinking and only a little running. Then I did exactly what I said I wasn't going to do - weight training on my lower body. I overdid it, per usual, and the soreness put me out for a couple of days. The last two weeks my total mileage has been LOW - let's just say, below 10 but above 5. Sigh. Although I am not running as much, my time is still really good, so I will tell myself I am working on speed over distance at the moment :)

Anyschmoo, I would much rather blog about today's fabulous 6 mile run. I finally braved Rock Creek Park - for those of you in need of an explanation for why I use the word "braved" think Chandra Levy. Enough said. However, it being a sunny, mid 60 degree, Sunday afternoon, I thought it would be the best time to give it a go. There were lots of families out biking, lots of runners and walkers, so I was able to relax and really enjoy the path, the trees, and the great weather. I took the dog along and besides constantly having to yank the leash to get him out of the middle of the path (which is giving my left bicep a great workout), we had a really great run coming in at a 8:58 pace. This park is massive, in Maryland alone the trail is something like 14 miles (not incl. the rest of the trail that leads into D.C.). This will definitely be a great place to train for a marathon and do longer distance runs.

Lastly, as I promised, I am posting my most current playlist of running music (in no particular order). And a shout out and thanks to our "lurker" ;) for sending me her list! Excellent selections that I intend to incorporate and that I have posted below for the rest of you. Now don't be selfish and post your lists! :)

Dr. Pavement Pounder's Running Tunes:

Around the Bend - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Over and Over – Hot Chip

Shut up and Let me Go – The Ting Tings

Great DJ – The Ting Tings

Calabria 2007 – Enur

Paper Planes – M.I.A.

Adrenaline – Bauhaus

Joan of Arc – David Guetta

All Alone – Gorillaz

Handlebars – Flobots

Blind – Hercules and Love Affair

Sexy Hypnotist – Luscious Jackson

Dead Disco – Metric

Ça plane pour moi (Original 1977 Version) – Plastic Bertrand

Je ne te connais pas – Prototypes

Rosenrot – Rammstein

Out of Control – She Wants Revenge

Never Win – Fischerspooner

In the Morning – Junior Boys

That's not my Name - The Ting Tings

Backslider - Toadies


Drunkrunner Fan's Tunes:
Silver Lining (Recordist Mix)-Rilo Kiley
F**k you-Lily Allen
Just Dance-Lady Gaga
Poker Face-Lady Gaga
Come on Eilieen-Dexy's Midnight Runners
Eye of the Tiger-The Band
Video Killed the Radio Star-The Buggles
American Girl-Tom Petty
That's Not My Name-The Ting Tings
Untouched-The Veronics
What a Feeling-Peter Luts
Du bist den ganzen Weg gerannt-Tomte
You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
St. Elmos Fire (Man In Motion)-John Parr
Portions for Foxes-Rilo Kiley
Gives You Hell-All American Rejects



No comments: