Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Gunnin' Fer a Sixpack!

I ran today! That's big news. I mean, it's huge news. I haven't run since before I went home for Christmas. By my calculation that's almost 3 months. That's a long time. In the meantime I'm hoping my cartilage and stuff did a lot of healing.

Today's run was a simple 2 miler. Just getting my sea legs and I don't want to push it. I took it slow and nice and relaxing. I promise as I try to work back in to things that I will not utter the word speed work for the next several months. Except for that one time right there.

Wish me luck as I get back on the road and try to take running back from it's dark abyss. My goal is 6 miles this week, which I will repeat again next week.

1 comment:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

That is great news! Glad to hear you are back on the road. I was just going to post something today too. Don't rush things with your knees/ankles/lower extremities though!