Thursday, December 11, 2008

Daddy Runner

Thanks for making the baby announcement on our behalf, Sixpack! I wasn’t able to get anywhere near the blog for a few days, for obvious reasons.

It is true that my wife and I welcomed our first baby into the world this past weekend, and for that reason I haven’t posted in a little while. Basically, the baby didn’t leave much time for running in the first couple of days, and I happily sacrificed my Sunday “long run” in order to stay home and change diapers while Tessa recuperated. Actually, now that I think about it, we actually both drove to her parent’s house so they could pamper us while we both laid immobile on their many couches.

I have been able to run two runs so far this week, though. On Monday I ran six miles and on Wednesday I managed just over five. Tomorrow I will try and get out of the house for another hour-long run if at all possible. If not, that’s okay. Changing diapers is much more fun than I ever thought it would be!!!

1 comment:

Sixpack Chopra said...

WOW! And I mean that sincerely. A new father that has enough energy to even attempt a 6 mile run, regardless of time of day, gets my respect. That's great. She's beautiful, and I think I speak for all of us when I say congratulations and we want to see pictures of the running buggy.