Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sixpack's Birthday Blog Post

I don't keep very good records of my runs, so when called to do so, I was forced to go through last years posts to come up with totals for the past year of running. Here's what I have come up with:

Total Miles: 527.1

Total time: I don't exactly know, give me an average of 9:30/mile and you're pretty close.

Total cases of Poison Oak: 2
** I'm terribly allergic and was once diagnosed after having run in full running tights, a long sleeve shirt, and gloves. How it got on my thigh, I'll never know. There is the possibility that the nurse just diagnosed it wrong, but the first time, was clearly poison Oak.

Marathons Run: 2
San Francisco was 3 days before the founding of DrunkRunners, so I'm counting that one.

Total Months in Physical Therapy: 11
Since I finished San Francisco I managed to not be in Physical Therapy for one month, and I have to agree with Forest. I would rather be going to PT than to give up running. Of course, there is swimming, but I need to do more PT and get those abs in shape if I'm going to be posting pics of me in a Speedo. :-)

Number of times I wanted to give up: 1
Location: Carlsbad, CA, Mile 12
In beating down sun, after having started the race with a pace group, I was dehydrated and already feeling the extreme weakness. I was ready to throw in the towel when the infamous Lauren came by and gave me the psychological boost I needed.

OK, OK, no more totals. But my goals for the next 12 months are:
1) Fix this leg pain
2) Find a six-pack (of abs, preferably my own)
3) Run the Houston Marathon
4) Run the Bay to Breakers
5) Learn Chinese
** Random I know, but this is just as good a time as any to invite you all to Beijing, China. I will be working at the 2008 Olympics, and I a Psyched, Psyched, Psyched. I can't wait to play dodge the chinamen at the park while trying to complete a 20 mile run.

That's all from me for now. Y'all got my big introspective post last week.

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I think the first phrase you should learn in Chinese is "passing on your left"! Congrats on the two marathons! But I have to give you extra respect for hanging in there through 11 months of PT. That is true commitment. Will you be able to jog at all while I am in town? Happy blog-birthday Sixpack!!!! Pretty soon we will have to call you Eightpack :)

Clyde S. Dale said...

Nice miles, Please no speedo pictures gotta enough of that when we shared the apartment on Melody lane. Keep pushing.