Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Nuerosurgeons are QUACKS!

Well atleast the one I had is. He informed me I have degenerative discs and Sixpack I hate to inform you but it's hereditary. Your Father, older sister and brother have the problem. Thats why Dad had the back surgery so young, I'm a candidate in the future, but for now the nuerosurgeon said quit running and that I was clear to go back to work. Well I went back to work and moped around at home about not being able to run. I drank a few beers and then a lot more, I tried to figure out how I could get rid of this desire to run. Would it be like when I quit smoking or when I stopped chewing, do they make a patch for that. the endorphin patch, I wonder if you used that while taking diet pills would you lose weight faster or would you just be hyper from the pills and feel really good about being fat because of the endorphin patch?
Excuse me while I ponder.
Well after two days of mass depression and wondering how I can stop running and what can I do to replace it. Well I did what I've done for over a year now when something is bothering....... that's right boys and girls, I laced up my brand new Glycerin's sitting in the closet waiting for me to run again and set out on a run to work through the problem. I've gotta say it always works for me. I come back with a new perspective every time. What I came back with after this run was the decision that if the Doc thought I was good enough to go back to my job ( but I am supposed to check back in in 6 months if the pain doesn't go away)then I'm damn well good enough to go back to running. I'm proud to say that since that day, which was 12 days ago I have ran 15 miles.(I just finished a three mile run) I'm going to make a slow come back, but the way I see it 15 down and a minimum of 485 to go before Houston. Sixpack go to a chiropractor get that nerve unpinched get a massage, work that lower back, hips and abs and find some flat ground to get you back up to pace ( I know the flat terrain is hard to find) I want you and PP to either beat me to the finish or we cross it together. I'm pumped and I want nothing more than to run a marathon with my bro and a fellow drunk runner running her first. I joined the ranks of the drunk runners around December and I could think of no better way to celebrate my first year than running a marathon with the people that helped me make my first one possible. Dee what's the possibilities of making it a foursome or 11 or 12. Hell I don't know who Amy is but lets tackle it together. Lets celebrate the birthday of the drunk runners by planning to all unite and run together. Until this happens I raise my glass of New glarus brew Stone Soup and say Happy Birthday drunk runners, Happy Birthday.

Miles: 15

Time: not sure I'll have to add it up.

Pace: around 10:18

Overall impression: I'm pumped to be back out running, I just got back from Madison where I was running with a young lady who wants to start running. Wish me luck! (IPTBBOR,IJGBFMWIWRWAYLWWTSR.WML!)

8 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

First, I can't believe you taunt me with New Glarus Beer. That is just not fair. Here I sit, having just done my exercises, I'm thirsty and just catching up before bed, and you have to throw that in my face.

Second, I go to the doctor tomorrow. I'll see what mine says, now I'm armed with the knowledge of the hereditary condition, and we'll see. I have a great CMT and will do what it takes.

Keep it up, and keep us posted.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I am glad to hear that you are back on the road. My only caution: don't do anything that is going to cause you greater pain down the line! I am stubborn about this kind of stuff as well. When I tore my FIRST ACL, I continued running on it before the surgery. Granted, I now have bionic knees, so it couldn't have been too bad for me, but I am still anticipating terrible arthritis in a decade or two. Looking forward to seeing you at the finish line!!!!

dr. deetschei said...

Endorphin patcches, eh? Dude. We're getting rich off that one.

Anonymous said...

Doctors know medical stuff, but they don't know us. Good for you for getting back out there!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I'd like to say welcome to Ginnifer and Amy. Ginnifer I have heard of before but Amy I'm in the dark as to who you are, Please enlighten me. Tell me a little about you.
PP arthritis I found is part of my pain. Right now it's not terrible but I'm young yet, I've have to do what I can while I can. I plan on running for a long time but I will let my pain guide me. Sybil and I have come ever so close after all the training and back and forth arguing we have done.
Shut up Sybil I can talk about you if I want you can't stop me.....no you can't.....I said shut up I don't want to here it anymore.

I'm sorry, she pops up at the most in opportune times.
I like the fact that we have more posts in the first half of this year than all of last year. I look forward to reading all ther new posts to help keep me motivated. Ginnifer, Amy I look forward to reading all of your posts. I do have to warn you that PP complaints of her summer heat is nothing compared to the whining you'll hear from me this winter as I train for Houston and then Madison directly after that. I'm just warning you that I whine like a little girl. OOPS, sorry I meant no disrespect by that.

Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that particular model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are around 180 bucks on every site. But for all I found this site selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging for the sake of that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the velcros were approximately 350 bucks on every page. But completely I found this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that exact brand. The prices for the boots are approximately 210 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this area selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you say about it?