Friday, August 24, 2007

A.B.D. And all that Jazz!

Well, Y'all, it's true. I have passed the test. It was an ordeal of the highest order, and have giving myself a few days off to celebrate. Today: Coffee, Massage, Coffee, Manicure-Pedicure, Beer, Dinner, Beer. How's that for a day? I'm loving it!!!!!

On to running. My back is slowly promising to improve. I'm having less and less pain every day, which is encouraging. With the recent success, I'm ready to go out and see what's going to happen.
I've had Runners World design a program for me that basically starts back at square one. The first week is 3 2-mile runs. That should just about kill me, but I'll do them in the park or at the track so they aren't too bad.
Next, I've registered (in my A.B.D. status) for weight lifting at the gym. I'm looking forward to having the structure again. I took the class once before and then went right back to my old ways. The class, however, will coincide with the training for the marathon, keeping me in shape in the weeks leading up to the race, and hopefully helping me improve my times.

That's all I have for now. Just the eternal optimism that comes with having passed through such an ordeal as that f*&^%g exam, and the hope that a few days off will put me back in shape for the training that needs to be done in the next 16 weeks.

Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck getting back into the swing of things!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Give em hell!