Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Short on time

My computer took a crap last week after a big storm, great timing I started A&P this week which has a lot of info study guides and the like that require a computer to use. Oh well, I'm psyched about the class(I get to play with dead people), now I will be able to name all the parts of my body that ache as I train for Houston. So far so good I'm up to four miles and feel good. After two months off I started back real slow, but I have to say that was just the miles. Well times were slow in the beginning as well, but I have to give my self a pat on the back I think I can now run with the likes of my fellow drunk runners and not make them carry a cooler so the beer doesn't get warm. The young lady I have been running with is a big part of the boost in speed. Once I helped Wendy a little with her form and got her to start out slow and finish strong she was kicking my ass. This caused me to pick up my speed so her times weren't making mine look so bad. We both started back running about the same time but she snapped back a lot quicker than I did, but I've been told that it comes back easier for younger people. I still couldn't let her beat my times run after run, Who new I was so competitive, certainly not me. In the beginning I was running my usual 10:30 pace but the last five runs have all been under 9:00, with one 3 miler at 8:17 and Sundays 4 miler at 8:45. I skipped last nights work out to go out for dinner but will make it up tonight after class. Between the run and the weights and a beer to relax I should make it to bed by eleven or so. I'm not sure if I can qualify for Boston in Houston but I will in Madison for sure.

4 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

WooHoo! Forest is working at the A&P! Does this mean free milk and bread for everyone? And they have dead people there? Wait! I'm confused!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Oh come on, you totally knew you were competative. You are, after all, the brother of a World Champion... ;) Your times sound great, just don't push the back too hard!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I like the Dr. PP thing it's about time we had a dr. to answer our questions. Even if you aren't a medical doc, the other people reading the blog won't know this. I believe I have recruited two more runners that want to run a marathon. I think everyone thinks if Forest can run one than everyone can. My answer......yes any one can, as long as you want it. I hope training is going well for you PP and Sixpack when you get back into it.

dr. deetschei said...

those sound like great times, forest! i'll post some of my most recent runs as soon as iget internet up, but make sure you keep up the good work!