Thursday, September 06, 2007

Dr. PP's Failed Experiment

My recent theory that doctors don't need to run is, sadly, completely unfounded. I wanted to test the theory that my brains and new degree would keep me skinny and fit without having to hit the pavement. I was wrong. Just goes to show that a doctoral degree in the humanities does not equal common sense. Ha ha!

Sooo, having enjoyed the fruits of my labor - i.e., slacking off for the last month and a half as a way of celebrating my temporary liberation from the yoke of academia, it is time to get back to running. There is a marathon in my future...

I am starting back slow and trying to focus more on distance and less on pace. I'll keep you posted on how things are going. The temperatures have begun to drop (we are only in the low 90s now!) which means running should be significantly easier. We'll see.

Hey, Ginifer. Where the hell are you?

4 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Well, at least you are out there running. I feel sorry for your temperatures, they really suck, but I didn't make you move to Texas!
Let's do this together. I start running regularly next week. I've six miles to run next week. Wish me luck, and good luck to you!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Deal! I like the way you are thinking there, World Champ.

Clyde S. Dale said...

After taking a few months off I came back stronger and faster than before. Keep digging.

Anonymous said...

This photo of you is so cute :)