Sunday, February 25, 2007

UFF-DA!!!

Hey all,
This is my first full week back to running. The PT has been doing a great job at getting me back to and better than before. She wanted to cut me off, but I have a new found relationship with both the P.T. and the P.T.A. They asked if I had any questions, I said yah can you keep me coming until after the marathon, the answer absolutely. I don't know if it's my charm, my witt or just me, THE WHOLE WONDERFUL PACKAGE THAT IS ME.
OK back to why I am writing. My first week back I pushed myself pretty hard distance wise, I wanted to get back on track. I'm proud to say I did. I'm still not running the times I'd like to see, but the distance is where I should be. My previous longest run was seven miles. Last night I ran my longest run ten miles. I was supposed to run it on Sunday but we are having a BLIZZARD as I write this. So I decided to move my long run up two days. The really funny part, as I was in dressing and stretching (Not at the same time) freezing rain started to fall. The winds were about 15-20 miles an hour, figuring this was still better than the prediction for Sunday, I took off for my ten mile run. First five miles were OK, I had glasses and a hooded sweatshirt to stop the sting of the freezing rain. The winds were tough for me to run into, it was really pushing me. At the six mile point the freezing rain changed to snow, with the winds I could only see a few hundred feet in front of me at times. Yah, I know what you're thinking, MAN HE MUST RUN FAST. If only that were true! By the time I hit the ten mile mark about three-quarters of an inch of snow was on the ground. I know, ........ that snow was coming fast, actually I was running very slow, it was more like an exaggerated walk. my pace was 12 min 24sec. More core exercises and I need to start doing speed work.

Total miles this week, 21

total time, 4 hrs 6 mins 46 sec

Pace 11 min 45 sec

Over all impression..... could someone please run up beside me and pull the pin on the five bottom plow I seem to be pulling.
Any questions to this statement please ask your spiritual advisor.

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Forest! Excellent achievement this week. 21 miles - geez, you are kickin' my ass for distance, that is for sure! Excellent work. AND, we shall alter the Kenyan running method to the Alaskan running method especially for you! After pulling the snow plow and running in sub-zero temperatures, your marathon and the B2B are gonna feel like a vacation at a swim-up pool bar (I've always wanted to go to one of those...)!!! Keep up the amazing work.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Amazing, really!!! I can't even imagine running in sleety snowy bullshit like that! Way to go!
The Alaskan method may just be what we are looking for. Maybe if you had done that run hung over?