Saturday, February 24, 2007

Goals Goals Goals

So,Karneval worked me over in a major way. I'll post a pic or two when my laptop is back from the shop (part of the reason I've been gone...again), but trust me- one million drunken germans plus one drunken deetschei is not conducive to good running...having said that,I somehow managed a personal best 5K during the insanity. I hardly remember running it ;)
This last week was the end of my second 4 week cycle with the Nike + goal generator/ass kicking machine. After a mad dash at the end to compensate for the fact that I spent most of the past week dressed as an inebriated pope, I can proudly say I acheived two of the three goals: I both ran 65 miles (I actually ran closer to 70), and I ran ten runs in under 8:59 per mile (most of them are now under 8:30, and the last few have been hovering around/below 8:00!!! holy jeezum crow!). I did NOT run 16 times in 4 weeks. I only got 14 in. That's okay though, since that is the goal I was least interested in, anyway. That's what I tell myself.
Within those four weeks,I managed my first 20 mile week and my first ten mile run. Now that I've established my pre-prescribed 8 week base, I'm on the hunt for a half marathon to run in about six weeks. Training should begin on Monday. Or whenever my new liver arrives.

4 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Wow, two spiritual leaders in the group! This is almost too good to be true. Amazing numbers, especially given the circumstances last week! Alrighty, I might not be close to kicking your ass with the 300 race, but now you have given me a new goal - start running miles under 8 mins! Done and Done.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Oh oh oh! You didn't return the pope costume yet, did you? Go for a run in it and have Tessa document. I am sure we would all get a kick out of it!

dr. deetschei said...

oohhhh...yeah. i need to sanitize the costume first. but that's a good idea, right there ;)

Clyde S. Dale said...

You just keep the ass kickings coming. Good for you. I agree with P.P. I'd love to see you on a run with your Pope get-up. So is the speed coming from you or the I-pod. Just wondering if I need to get one a little sooner than planned.