Sunday, February 04, 2007

No frostbite

Hey folks, Sandi and I made it thru, at the start of the race the windchill was 70 minus 98 and it really felt it for about a three quarters of a mile when we were running on top of the levy along the Partially frozen Mississippi. I gotta say though it was beautiful With the big paddle wheel river boat and the Eagles soaring in the background.
Before the race we both layered up and found that when all was said and done, that we had actually over dressed, but that is a hell of a lot better than being under dressed. I saw one man that was wearing just shorts and a t-shirt, I thought he was out of his mind. Turns out he didn't plan on being out long enough to get frostbite. He finished the 4 miles in 20 min. and some change. He was amazing and modest at the same time.
Sandi plowed right thru and finished, I'll let her post her own story. We met to leave for the race at a friend of of Sandi's, her name is Monica, she is a life long runner and a very interesting person to party with, I'm telling you she is drunk runner material. Upon arriving at Monica's at 9:00 A.M. she pulled out the pot of coffee and poured us all a cup but left plenty of room for BAILEY'S which she pulled out next. I had two shots in my first cup of coffee when I went for a second cup the coffee only covered the bottom of the cup. Well wanting a second cup I filled it with Baileys, yes Deetchie, Equivalence of five shots for a four mile race, The best part and I attribute this to the five shots I ran my best time ever. So I have decided that I as well will do study of miles to consumption of alcohol and how it improves your time. I'm truly excited to do this study. Sixpack, Pavement Pounder, I thank you for your thoughts and blessings I attribute part of my success to you.

Distance 4 miles

Time 35 min. 15 sec.

Pace 8 min. 49 sec.

4 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Excellent pace/time Forest! Maybe I need to revise my theory to include the Irish ;) We are proud of you and Sandi!!! Keep those races coming.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Very nice!!! 8:49 is amazing, especially with a snoot full of bailey's. All hail the Irish!

congrats, you are an inspiration. Keep up the great work!!!

dr. deetschei said...

That's a great time, dude. I see a new future for drinking and running. Of course, if I were to adhere to my method totally, I would have to run four hundred miles today. Roughly.

tomodachi said...

wow, i'm impressed. nice work forest and sandi!