Monday, February 05, 2007

One Week Down, The Rest Of My Life To Go

Hey Kids-

Just thought I would check-in and let you know how the first week of my B2B training went.

Kuddos, by the by, to everyone who is putting in the time and the miles!!!

I anticipated certain challenges to this years B2B training, but have been surprised (granted, it is only just the end of week 1) by what those challenges have been. I was almost positive that I was going to struggle on my first tempo run, but I am pleased to report that I came in under the training pace for all of the miles. The second challenge I anticipated, and correctly, was slowing down my long run to the training pace. I didn't succeed in doing that this week, but will work on it. Oddly, this really shouldn't be a "problem" per se, except that I have to make sure that I don't injure myself and that I save enough steam each week for the tempo/speed work. Anywho, I am super pleased with Week 1 and hope I don't crap out anytime soon.

Inspired by Forest writing about the progress he has made over the last few months, I started thinking about my own - I hadn't really realized it, but I have lost between 12-16 lbs. (my scale could be lying slightly - I am never sure, since it is one of those old turn the dial to zero ones) in the last year since I made the conscious decision to run regularly. Sweeeeet! That means I can eat even more tasty, super aged, delicious WISCONSIN CHEDDAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week:

Distance: 13.4
Time: 1:58:38
Avg. Pace: 8:51
Observations: If you can run and spit hard enough that it doesn't fly back and hit you then you can run another 3 miles! (FYCRASHETIDFBAHYTYCRA3M!)

5 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

I am pleased to have you as a team member, although what I call my best time ever, doesn't even compare. 4 miles to 13.4 wow allow me to say I am amazed. Some day I hope to grow up to be like you, well running and all. I like my parts, if I had parts like yours I would never leave the house.
I have now been for warned that I will say HI to you at the beginning of the race and hopefully you will waite to go to the beer tent until after I finish. I don't want to walk in alone. Great job!!! I am raising my beer and toasting you right now.

Clyde S. Dale said...

Oh ya, I'll bring you some awesome Wisconsin aged cheddar for after the race. Thanks for not forgetting the dairy state.

tomodachi said...

awesome PP! all of these stories are inspiring and help keep me getting my arse out the door.

forest- if i go to the beer tent with you, will you bring me some awesome wisconsin aged cheddar, too? pretty please!?!

Sixpack Chopra said...

Way to go PP and congrats on the funniest Observation to have been posted in weeks!!

Looking forward to seeing you and the cheese and the beer at the finish line!!!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I'll bring enough cheese for all. Any other requests besides aged cheddar.