Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cool Runnings

Yesterday's Run: 6 miles
Time 51:02
Place: Uni Gelände + Aachener Weihe
Overall Impression: Pretty Relaxed Except for Obvious Need to Amputate Right Leg (aka. PREONARL)

So, this is basically to give people an idea where I am in the greater scheme:

I'm training for the Kölner Marathon (October 8ish) using the Beginner's Marathon Training Guide on Runners World.com as general guide. I have to modify it slightly for time reasons,and I like to extend some of the weekend distances, but I'm more or less in the seventh week of training. I used the same plan for the Phoenix Marathon (Which, I might add, was a ROCK AND ROLL Marathon...I should also add that it apparently takes more 26.2 bands to make running in Phoenix interesting...oh, and the .2 band was a midget with a banjo). I added a second 20 miler into the mix just to ensure that I would spectacularly crash out in pain and sweat and tears anyway...Needless to say, it's a very good training plan.
This time my goal is around the four hour mark, which means I probably should involve a bit more tempo running just to be safe. But quite frankly, I'll be happy if I finish with all of my legs still on my body. All six of them.
This week is the second or third week of five-day-a-week running, which is starting to bring me some really erratic times. Some days I'm-a- flyin'. Others, I'm merely logging miles and trying to get in before the heatstroke melts my cerebellum.
I'm doing all of my training in Cologne,save for an eight miler in Paris last weekend, that I ran while slowly realizing I was unwell...it's a good story, I'll tell you about it sometime. Meanwhile, I have realized that Google Earth v.4 is key for anyone who can not decipher the impossible calculations neccessary to convert kilometers into miles. I mean, 1 mile = 1.609 kilometers? That's a decimel point people, and I'm no Stephen Hawking.

No comments: