Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm A Corporate Gym Sellout and I LOVE it!

Just so you don't think I am all talk and no action, I am once again a proud member of a gym membership. Well, proud is still questionable. Today was my first real day in the gym and there are four particularly good things about the gym I have chosen: 1) an ass-load of treadmills; 2) due to the quantity of treadmills, exceeding the 30 min. time limit doesn't seem to be a problem YET ; 3) lots of windows AND 4) AIR CONDITIONING - even the treadmills have little fans that chuff out cool air.

And while I am exceedingly pleased with this, I also felt a sense of mourning as I completed a 6 mi. run on said treadmill. I am sure it is fleeting and I'll get over missing my outdoor run through tree-lined, hilly streets with glimpses of deer feeding in people's yards... Sigh. Oh well, with 90%+ humidity and rain every single day this week, I can get over that sense of nostalgia really quickly. Or better yet, I'll keep it and look forward to returning to it in October, just as the leaves are changing.

So, with today's run, that already puts me up to 18.5 for the week with an average pace of 9 min/mi, and I am planning another run either tomorrow or Saturday. Looks like I will make my 21 this week. I must say, the thought of paying money for a membership is probably one of the biggest motivators and I intend to get my money's worth!

Tag, you guys are it. Deetschei - How is the Big Smoke treating your running lungs? Did you buy one of those stylin' aerodynamic running strollers to take Iz along? Sixpack, how is the job schedule treating you? Consider doing calf flexes while you are standing behind the bar. Forest, how is the running and the training of other runners going?

3 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

Great job Doc! What ever it takes to get back to running. I'm not a gym person either but as I get older and the winters stay just as cold I think about it more and more.

Clyde S. Dale said...

Great job Doc! What ever it takes to get back to running. I'm not a gym person either but as I get older and the winters stay just as cold I think about it more and more.

Clyde S. Dale said...

Great job Doc! What ever it takes to get back to running. I'm not a gym person either but as I get older and the winters stay just as cold I think about it more and more.