Monday, May 18, 2009

Chiming in Again

I started a new job two weeks ago, and it has kept me off the roads. I know I sound like a wuss, but I swear my legs have been really tired. Basically, aside from running I've done nothing very physical for years. I've been behind a desk. That's it. So, when I started working as a bartender and put in an 11 hour shift on my second day, it kind of wiped me out.
I managed, despite the difficulties, to go for a three mile run today. It was beautiful. I've discovered the joy of having your partner ride along with you. Three miles isn't a very long bike ride for him, but it is a good run for me. It was sunny, it was a little breezy, and it was all around awesome!!!!
I couldn't find my running watch, so I don't have figures about pace and actual distance. I ran for 30 minutes knowing that my pace would be 10 minutes or better.

That's all for now! Drink on Runners!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you are enjoying your new job ! Once you get into the routine, you will find a way to balance.