Sunday, April 26, 2009

Finally Reached The Elusive 6

Well, after months of planning I finally did it. 6 miles in one week. In some respects I'm really disappointed that it took this long. In another respect I'm quite proud.
1) The two miles felt good. I ran it at the Dodgeville High School track, which is at a considerable elevation (1211 feet compared to Madison's 863 feet.) I was a little lightheaded but I did well.
2) I'm feeling no pain. That knee pain I've been complaining about for months seems to be working its way out if I build up mileage slowly. So that is exactly what I will do.
3) If I ran 6 miles this week I can do it again next week. Next Saturday I'll be in Madison and I'll run with the FrontRunners. It will be nice to get back into running with a group again. The last year all on my own has been tough. Having a group at least once a week helps keep me motivated. Just like the early DrunkRunner days when we would meet after school.

That's all for the week. There was nothing particularly notable about the runs, except for their mere existence!!!

Week's Data:

Miles: 6.07
Time: 55:46
Average Pace: 9:11 / mile
Overall Impression: I Can Finally Hold My Head Up High As I Call Myself A Drunk Runner! (ICFHMHUHAICMADR!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good run in with no pain. You can actually start building base.

Sixpack Chopra said...

That's the most exciting part of it all, really. I don't know when the switch happened. But after a while of distance running, it's tough to go out and run just two miles. No matter how out of shape you are. I'm looking forward to slowly, cautiously adding miles.