Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2+2=4

Yep, I ran 4 whole miles last week. It's slow going, but I'm optimistic. Given the aches and pains I feel when I start to run I've decided I need to make sure to take it very easy.
My times aren't bad. I'm averaging about 9:45 per mile, which is perfectly acceptable. Actually, just to satisfy my critics, any time is perfectly acceptable. I've been a speed demon in the past and it's hurt me. No more! I promise.
The runs have been along beautiful Lake Monona in Madison.

One mile out and one mile back takes me almost to the point where this picture was taken and then I head home. In a few weeks, when I actually run a 3-mile run, I'll be running past this point. It's a great path. The sun has been shining, the wind has been relatively calm, and the path is pretty empty. I'm no longer dodging retired walkers, as I did in San Francisco.

Headed out today for another two miles. As soon as I can manage 6 miles in a week I'll start boosting the miles slowly. Until then, keep on Drinking, Runners!

No comments: