Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Outside Run, Not So Bad

As you all know I hadn't planned on running outside while here in Beijing. However, desperate times call for desperate measures. And surely this morning was desperate times.

I awoke at 5:15 and I was wide awake. There was just no sense in going back to bed, and if I was going to get a run in today I was going to have to go right then and there. So, I did. Oh and the gym doesn't open until 7. I braved the heat and had a nice time.

The path around Workers Stadium seems to be quite a popular place to run. I passed several! WOOHOO 3 WEEKS IN AND I'M ALREADY PASSING PEOPLE!!!!!! Furthermore, the pollution isn't so bad. I can still feel my lungs and my allergies didn't react too badly. Of course, the effects of pollution are usually much longer term than just a 20 minute cooldown, but at the same time, I'm really feeling like the pollution here isn't as bad as has been reported. But then, how do you measure pollution with the naked eye? Further, reducing traffic emmissions, shutting down factories, and yesterday's rain all have added to the cleanliness of the air today.

Overall Stats:

Distance: 3.2 miles
Time: 29:02
Pace: 9:40
Overall Impression: The Chinese Seem To Like The Hayes Street Haters Shirt!!! (TCSTLTHSHS!)

1 comment:

dr. deetschei said...

How couldn't you love that shirt?
Awesome runs, dude! I'm loving my first recovery week and a cool spell in London. I'll post sometime tonight!