Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Forest!!!

To one and all it is Forest's birthday today!!! He is turning, if memory serves me correctly, 38!!!

It was probably Forest who first encouraged me to run. I remember the glorious day in the mid-eighties when I realized I could run faster than he could! It was brilliant! Of course, it was tempered with the fact that I would eventually have to stop running, and he could just wait until then to beat me up, but for one glorious moment I lived that famous scene in Chariots of Fire. I WAS running. Running was me!

So for his inspiration a take my hat off to Forest on this, his birthday!

3 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Happy Birthday Old Man! Congrats on turning 38 and all your accomplishments in the last year! Truly inspiring. It gives us "young folks" no excuse for not getting out there and running. I raise a glass of Glen Livet to you on your day.

dr. deetschei said...

happy birthday, forest!!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I really hate to say this but I turned 39 this year. Although I'm one year closer to being able to run slower and still make Boston.
THANKS ALL.