Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Five Miles to the Top of the World

Today's prescription was for a five mile run. I was a bit hesitant, but decided to plow ahead. The schedule called for a one-mile warm-up, a 3-mile run at 9:23, and a one-mile cooldown. I really wasn't so sure about that pace, because it was a full 1:30 faster than anything I had run recently. It's at moments like this that I thank god for the treadmill. There's certainly something to be said for a machine that you just strap yourself to and it forces you to run the pace, no matter what.
I was able to complete the run with little difficulty. There were a few moments of stress in the middle where I was breathing heavy and praying for the finish line, but I got through them and continued on.

All in all a great run, and my longest yet. I'd also like to note that I was forced to run this one without an iPod, which means when I kick y'alls asses in the challenge, you will know that there were extra miles that didn't even get recorded.

Overall:

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 50:08
Pace: 10:01
Impression: Next Time I'm Running My Marathon On A Treadmill! (NTIRMMOAT!)

No comments: