Monday, October 15, 2007

Houston, We have a Bigger Problem!

I went to the Houston Marathon website today to register for the race, and they are Sold Out!!!! I don't even know what to say, except: AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! (a la Lucy from Peanuts).

What do we do? Another race later? Huh? HELP!!!!

I've checked a little further since my outburst this afternoon, and there is an option to transfer bids at the Houston Marathon! We are still in the game. Roughly 1700 people end up transferring bids, which means there are usually plenty to go around! Here's hoping it works! I've already put in a posting to transfer a bib. If you need one, you should put in your posting as well.

3 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I had been wondering about registration myself. I was just asking Ginifer this weekend if she had registered... Thank you for checking, I will put in my request. Geez, who knew that Texans were this motivated? :)

Sixpack Chopra said...

I certainly didn't! I was convinced y'all sat around the pool drinking G&Ts!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Ginifer heard a story on NPR yesterday about the Houston marathon and that the marathon sold out in September. Apparently, there is a problem with scalpers!!??!!! And bibs could go for as high as $400. To which I replied, why in hell would I pay somebody $400 in order to run 26.1 miles???? So, just make sure you are doing the bib transfer through the actual race organizers.