Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lemonade for sale

You know what they say when life hands you lemons make lemon aide. Wouldn't it be easier if life just didn't hand you lemons. I've had to give Sibel a kick in the crotch with a round house to spin her, so I could kick her ass in to the pool of lemon aide. This winter she was try to get me to push myself further than I should, guess what, SHE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK trying the same shit. I was basically grounded, been off work for the last month, I thought I would be board but with classes 4 nights a week I've been loving it.
I went back to the Dr. yesterday, because I've been having more back issues. Still with the almost constant lower back pain and now I'm getting muscle spasm's in the mid back with numbness in my right tricep, my right side and three fingers on my right hand. They (and the they are the doctors and the PT's) don't even want me to run at all zilch or swim, so I will have to calibrate the walking part on the I-pod, I can't wait. I go in for another MRI on the 18Th and then to a nuero surgeon on the twenty fourth to see if he or she can give me relief and get me back to running.
So there you have it, no more miles or laps.... nothing I can feel proud about reporting until I don't know when. OH HELL I'll post my walking and be proud and you'll all like it or at least pretend like you do and tell me hell yeah grandpa kick that walkers ass. On the plus side I've been fine tuning my drinking skills, I can't let all the training go to waste, if one drops off make up for it by doing the other twice as much..... hell three times as much.
Until I calibrate the I-pod for my walks I bid you farewell.

Miles: NOTTA

Time: NOTHING

Pace: about four beers an hour for an extended period of time. I'm gonna follow the running traing schedule and try to in crease that by 10% a week. If I feel good I'll go to 30 % a week.

Overall impression: I'm glad it's beer tent season the beer may be light and flat...but hey at least the scenery is good! (IGIBTSTBMBLAF...BHATSIG!)

4 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

That sucks, Man!!! sorry to hear you are still out of work, or should I congratulate you?

Take it easy on the walking. Maybe you need to just drink more beer! Have one for me when you are at it!!!!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Forest! Sorry to hear about this setback. Is this all a result of the marathon? I was actually just thinking the other day about what a great pace you had and how to achieve that as well, but now I am not so sure! :) Hang in there, walking is still movement forward.

Clyde S. Dale said...

No, the marathon wasn't the problem. I hurt my back really bad when I was eighteen, they wanted to me to think about having surgery then but I held out. All the running just sort of brought things to a head a little sooner. I went from couch potatoe to 1-3 miles a day to training for a marathon. If read back I fought this during all of my training. Now I'm demanding relief whatever it is.
PP what I want to see from you is a 4:15 or better, set the bar higher for your over all time. If they put me under the knife I'm gonna do all I can to get back in shape and run Houston with you and Sixpack. If I can't run I would like to come down and cheer you both on!

dr. deetschei said...

I agree with PP Forest, walking is definitely still forward movement. Keep your chin up and knock those flat beers down.