Thursday, May 17, 2007

One is the Loneliest Number

It is true people. Everything you've heard about that running slut Sixpack is true! Ha ha ha.

Seriously, it was great to be back with one-half of the original DrunkRunners - Pacemaker, you were sorely missed (especially because Don would much rather have looked at your ass than mine). In addition to our dirty, slutty run on Saturday, Don and I conquered Twin Peaks (no, not what you are thinking, although I can't blame you...) on Tuesday. It was totally Hounds of the Baskervilles with the fog but minus the hounds, Sherlock Holmes, and Watson.
It was a challenging and great run, especially getting up at 7am after a night of drinking with Donno. Speaking of Don, don't let his talk fool you. He still has the better looking legs! That man does do a pair of running tights proud.

Anyways, since I am all eji-micated and graj-iated I did very little running while in Berkeley. I should have taken advantage of the gorgeous weather. As it stands now, I have returned to the mid-80s/low-90s in Tejas and will have to either get up at 4am or wait until 7pm to run. Boo hoo. Whatever. Ain't gonna stop the Pavement Pounder! I've got a marathon to start training for.

Good luck to EVERYONE this weekend and enjoy the costumes, naked runners, Hayes Street, and most importantly the beer tent. Ginifer and I are scheduled to run it here, albeit without the hills and naked bodies [sigh].

Quick Stats
5/1-5/6:
Total Distance: 19.8
Total Time: 2:48:57
Avg. Pace: 8:32
Observations: Booo! I slowed down my pace by 14 secs. Grrr! (B!ISDMPB!@S.G!)

5/7-5/14:
Total Distance: 16.5
Total Time: 2:18:00????(runs got erased on my watch sometime during my flight (*@!#$***%)
Avg. Pace: 8:21
Observations: Enjoy the hills but they do nothing for my pace. That is why the Houston marathon is one of the fastest courses!!! (ETHBMDNFMP.TIWTHMIOOTFC!!!)


No comments: