Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Drunkrunner Slut

Last week it was Braintree with Nick and Deetschei, this morning it was the Nimitz trail with the Pavement Pounder, next week it's the Bay to Breakers with Tequila, Forest, Sandi, Thirtypack, Mamaschu, and Mom. What can I say? I get around!

Seriously, last weeks run in Braintree was great. Running through the brush and brambles of the English countryside made every moment of those nettles worthwhile! Forget the fact that I was still suffering from a Poison Oak like rash, at least I had the ointment with me to lessen the symptoms. It was awesome meeting Nick and seeing just how thoroughly he is capable of kicking my ass. We did a 4 mile run, but before we met, Nick had already run at least 2. When we were finished and I was ready to collapse, Nick went back out for a few more miles. Not bad.

Today, the day after Julie's graduation -- That's Dr. Pavement Pounder to you! -- we went for a run on the Nimitz trail. I hadn't run Nimitz since last year, and was surprised just how hilly it was. Her sister, Ginifer was with us, and I was glad to have someone there who was also hurting, because Jules was out front and I spent the entire 5 mile run looking at her ass. The weather was great, a little chilly and windy, but once we got moving I didn't notice much.

The Week's summary:

Miles: 12

Overall: 1:52:40

Average: 9:23

Impression: Need To Get A Running Partner! Where Have They All Gone? (NTGARP!WHTAG?)

4 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

So I would have to ask the question. Does running behind a woman looking at her ass get boring for you? I know that I spent 10 miles running behind 3-5 and I never tired of it. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Only in the sense that it's not motivation for me to keep running. It is however incentive for me to try to get in front of her!

Nick said...

6-pack, you are, in fact, a man-whore. Nice running with you. The Tilden Tough Ten is out on the Nimitz this weekend, I think Sunday. If I can scrape my sorry ass out of bed early enough I may go run it. That's a big if. It's no Bay 2 Breakers but that's why I like it. Dr. Pavement Pounder why don't you hit the tough ten and get out in front with that hot doctorial ass of yours and give the pack some motivation?

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Gladly gladly, but my hot doctorial ass in now inspiring many in Texas... Sorry to have missed Braintree (although the name leaves something to be desired) and am sad to miss the Sixpack Man-Whore Chopra and the gang this weekend at B2B. I never thought I would say this, but I REALLY MISS RUNNING HILLS!!!!