Monday, May 07, 2007

Last 20 miler

Well folks I made it thru my last twenty miler now it's a coast to the big event. The last big run was on a great day lower sixty's with a wind that was strong at times but even that felt OK. I put more sodium in my diet and carb loaded two days prior which really helped. I ran with the training group I'm in actually I have only ran with them twice now but it's a nice change of pace to run with people. I think it actually helps your time. I ran the first 9 miles solo, then I stopped to stretch having a little back pain but not bad. The group of lady's behind me caught up and I ran with them the rest of the way, It was nice to talk while running. One of the lady's was invited out to run B2B but she declined because her sis wanted to run it naked......damn the luck, why does god hate me. I learned that walking thru the aids station will actually increase your time for the average person running because it gives the body time to rest, I agree with this and will practice it from here on out in my long (18 - 20) runs. Well after running and talking with one of the girls for 11 miles I decided I'd ask her to dinner... she runs ... the conversation was good what can I lose right. Turns out she's married ( again why does god hate me) I didn't see a wedding ring that was why I asked...she doesn't wear it when she runs. CRAP!!!!! Well back to the run The last 4 miles my back was killing me. I was grimacing in pain but I couldn't quit with only 4 miles to go, so I stuck it out and made it, my time suffered but I made it. It felt good to finish and I know if I can keep the pain down I can do 26.2 miles on the 27Th. I am actually going in for an MRI on wed. to see if they can find more of the problem. The x-ray shows I don't have much disc left on the fifth lumbar bottom actually it's bulging, but with all I've done It doesn't seem to want to go back into place. At least that explains the pain I've been having and not that I'm a hypochondriac LIKE MY LITTLE BROTHER.

Distance: 20 miles

Time: 3 hrs 25 min 48 secs

Pace 10 min 20 secs

Overall Impression: I feeeeeeeeel good da na na na na na na na I new that I would da na na na na na na na. It's all a cake walk from here, til the big day when I become part of the 1% of Americans who have ran a MARATHON!!!!!!!
(IFGDNNNNNNNINTIWDNNNNNNN.IAACWFH,TTBDWIBPOT1%OAWHRAM)

3 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Still chasing girls at your age Forest? Honestly. ;) Kidding. Congratulations on your last 20miler. I know that you will finish your marathon with or without back pain. Um, by the way, naked people running... not a pretty sight.

stroller motor said...

Wow-that's a fabulous run! I meant to call and ask how it went, but I was still sleepy from our conversation on Saturday :) Now, now-you know I'm just kidding!

Clyde S. Dale said...

OK so Stroller Motor makes her first comments ever and they are of the SMART VARIETY. Like a conversation with me could ever be dull. Now come on!

As for PP. I've been chasing for a long time but not as much as lately. I just wish I could catch one and finish this broken heart shit. Huh I guess that's another good reason to do speed work. I finally have the balls to approach and ask'm out, I just have to catch them to do it.