Monday, April 09, 2007

I Wish I Were A Camel

As I mentioned in my comment to Forest's triumphant 17 mi. run, that is about the distance I manage in a week. This last week was a 19 mile kinda week. I would really like to be able to run a 30mile week, but that will all happen soon enough...

Not much to report, except that I am speeding my pace up on the long runs, which is good news. Even with musice, however, I have discovered that 9+ miles is pretty lonely. I have tried to talk Ben into pulling a Tessa and riding the bike alongside me and playing "water boy" but that was a no-go. Guess I will just have to come up with other ways to amuse myself as the distances increase. I have realized that I need to superhydrate the night before a run - and not my usual coffee/alcohol regimine :( I also need to locate water fountains (or bubblers for your weirdos) along my route, because I am not keen on running with a bottle.

I wish I had some fabulous insight to share with you all, but right now it is just about putting in the distance and keeping the times down.

Week's Stats

Total Distance: 19 mi.

Total Time: 2:39:45

Avg. Pace: 8:24

Achievement of the Week: 9.15 mi. in 1:15:21 (8:14 pace).

Overall Impression: Faster than a speeding bullet... well, almost. (FTASB...WA)

5 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

I know it's a bit warmer there, but I used a waistpack from Fuel Belt to carry fluids with me. It fits snuggly and doesn't flop everywhere, while also leaving your hands free to do what they do. Well worth the $30-40. Check them out.

And keep up the great work!!!!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Six pack sort of stole my thunder. But he's right you really should look into them it sure beats spitting cotton balls. Great work and great runs.

tomodachi said...

pp- i just got a belt this past weekend (i ended up getting something different from the one mentioned above- i got it at REI) and it totally changed my run- you should consider it. i had my BEST (and longest) run yet... all thanks to hydration??? dunno, but i'm gonna post in the next day or so about my running week last week. i FINALLY feel like i'm "there".

tomodachi said...

oh, and you rock the casbah, chica! keep up those amazing run weeks- they are rad for you and inspire me!

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Thank you all for the tips. I will definitely look into it. My biggest hesitation, as Sixpack guessed, was the distraction of something flopping around and throwing me off. Yay hydration! This should be a lot easier than growing those humps!