Monday, April 30, 2007

Crazy legs

Ok folks I'm not sure if I deserve to be a drunk runner now. I was going to post after my run on sunday but I didn't run and I was just to tired to type. I think I'm getting old 15 years ago I would have been up and going no problem. Well Here is how the week went Tuesday I had a good 5 mile run...Thursday I went to give blood and then was going to run my 7 miles. When I was just about to get in the chair someone came up and asked if I would mind givibg two units instead of one because of my blood type. They hooked me up to a machine kind of like the ones at the plasma centers( I know all of you drunk runners no what that is) but instead it pulled out my red blood cells and pumped the plasma back in. They said they needed it because vacation season was coming and My blood is precious...being the concerned citizen I did it even thought they told me no running that night. Friday I had early plans for dinner and then rest for an 8k on Saturday. Up at 6:00 AM met some friends at 7:30 and headed to Madison. When I lined up for the start....they did it wave style.... at 10:00 I met a very nice and pretty lady turns out she has a boyfriend but we ran together anyhow. Finished the race in 45 min 23 sec and like all Crazy leg races you get two free beers at the end. I drank them while waiting for the rest of my party to finish then we headed right to the bar. I was givin free beer for most of the time I was at the first bar (3hours) reason some young kids or college students asked if any one had ever told me I looked like Nicholas Cage? I responded look like I am him just call me Nick about three pitchers and 20 autographs later we went to the next bar to make a long story short I got home at 2:00 AM not sure who drove me home didn't know what time I got home until I talked to kyle. I guess I drank a few 22 year olds under the table or to the fence and didn't want to quit but they made me go. Thank god. Woke up at 7:00AM and thought I'll waite and go running this afternoon well it never came to that. I didn't really have a hang over just tired. So I figure If I can drink all day and night but can't get up and run 8 miles the next day then I don't deserve the drunk runner name.

My overall impression: I know Dee would have got up and ran so why couldn't I....Huh!!
(IKDWHGUARSWCI....H!!)

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

I think you are missing the Forest for the Trees! (please applaud, I mean, pardon my pun!) Anyone that can run a race that ends with a beer, and then keep the party going until the next morning. Well, He's the definition of a Drunkrunner!

Congrats on the race. That's a great time! You are set to take on the B2B and you're looking great for the marathon.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Congratulations, that is an amazing Drinking Marathon! Secondly, congratulations on your time for Crazy Legs! One race down...