Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Big distance!

Well a few weeks ago, I came screaming out of the gates like some Drag Queen with her hair on fire, and managed to run 16 miles in the first week out. The following week I was on pace to make 18 miles when my leg said, "Uh Uh!" I went to the doc concerned that I had a stress fracture, but in the end its just shin splints. So I took a week off, did lots of ice, got lots of rest and am now ready to pick things back up. I'm going to be doing 2 miles a day, with one long run, and some speed work, over the next few weeks. This should help me recover my fitness without stressing the legs too much. If you have suggestions let me know.

I ran two miles today and they went nicely. Nothing big to report. It was windy and cold, but I managed a decent pace of 9:25/mile.

In other news, I just wanted to share this picture with you all. It didn't make it into the papers, but we were very excited, nonetheless.




This is the reason I didn't get to run on Sunday. We got the chance to attend a fundraiser for Hillary, where Bill was the representative. It was great!!!!!!! And, not to brag, I've now shaken the hand of every democratic president in the past 30 years. Scratch that -- Every democratic president to have ruled during my lifetime!

OK, I'm done now.

4 comments:

tomodachi said...

WOW! you boys clean up VERY nicely! and bill's looking healthy these days. very cool- thanks for sharing the pic.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I swear to God I had to do a double-take. I thought you were at a wax museum. Clinton looks good, if a little plastic. :) Slow and steady wins the race, my friend. You have a lifetime to run. Keep yourself healthy. Oh, did you ask Clinton if he had a cigar? Te he he.

Anonymous said...

kickass!

Clyde S. Dale said...

Maybe you should expand your herizons and shake a few republicans hands. Just a thought.
As for the training take it easy, just worry about b2b. Tequila and I want to know you are running in front of us. By Tequila's last report it should go Sixpack, Tequila and Forest which won't be bad if you are holding a beer for me with a smile at the end.