Friday, December 08, 2006

Cold weather

Last night I went for my two mile run, remember I'm just starting out on my training. At this time last year I weighed 240 lbs, I started running just to lose weight and now look at the punishment I'm going to put myself through. Back to last night temp was seventy minus sixty-five with a two below wind chill. I ran it in 20min 18sec. Right now I'm working on picking my times up through January before I start the training for the marathon. In fashion with ya'll I drank a beer when I finished. As for the running a marathon because my little brother ran one first, I can neither confirm or deny that.

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I am actually starting to think that running in Siberia is an excellent training strategy. You gotta get out there and outrun the frostbite! ;)

Kudos to you, Wayne! I complain when it is 49 degrees outside ;)

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Oh and as for the post-run beer, excellent! I experimented on Monday by not drinking water after my run, opting instead for a vodka cocktail in a pint glass. Seemed to work just fine! ;)