Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Starting to Hear Voices

On Saturday, I went for a 4-mile run and at the end of it, Paula Radcliffe (I wish I could write that in her cute little accent) congratulated my on my longest run. I was so proud, but then began to wonder if I wasn't just starting to hear voices.
The run went well. I went with the gay boys in Golden Gate Park. I took last place, but I was just fine with that. This was my first 4-mile run in a long time, so just finishing made me very happy. It was a beautiful day (we've been seeing a lot of them lately) so I really couldn't complain.
I ran another 3-miles today on the Berkeley Firetrails. Well, I ran very little on the Firetrails, because by the time Jenn and I (don't ask) had reached the Firetrails, we had already covered almost half of the run. It was a great run, although I thought my heart was going to explode before I got to the halfway point. 1.5 miles uphill at this point was very, very difficult, but that 1.5 miles downhill? They were fucking amazing!
My leg is still not 100%. In fact, I've ordered an inversion table and it should be here this week, and I look forward to seeing if that helps me get rid of this. Relieving the tension and pressure on my spine should help relieve the pinched nerve. At the very least, I hope it helps me maintain my training.

Peace out y'all.

No comments: