Sunday, October 07, 2007

Body For Life Week 3

Since my life is presently wrapped up in my body (existentially, I guess it always has been, but sometimes we forget that) I'm reporting on all aspects of life this week. The marathon training started 4 weeks ago, and the Body for Life started 3 weeks ago. In the past three weeks I have lost 9 pounds, and dropped my body fat percentage to 20%--Next week's goal is to get that down to 19%. I'm feeling really, really great!
The workouts on the program are tough. I'm always exhausted afterwards, but feel stronger every day. I know that I have put on muscle, which is something that I probably haven't done since I was a bartender with too much free time about 6 years ago. I hope you want to hear all of this, because I'm now beginning to understand the passionate devotion to Body-For-Life that everyone you have ever known on it exhibited. The amount of energy you have, and the control you start to feel over your own body, and more importantly your life, just seems to grow every day.
The running is also going well. As you know I'm scheduled to run 3 times a week. I only ran twice last week, but I allowed that. I had two wisdom teeth pulled on Saturday, and aside from enjoying another round of vicodin, I've not really been in shape to run. I'm concerned the pounding and the breathing are maybe not the best things for a pulled tooth. So, that cancelled the 5-mile run I was supposed to do this weekend. The first two runs of the week went really well though!! Clocking in at 3- and 4-miles, I was feeling great. Both runs involved some pretty intense hills, but were conquered in average times of under 11 minutes, which has me very excited.
As you can tell, things are looking good!!! My back issues are minimizing and my inversion table should be here any day now. Nothing but positive mojo to report!!!!!!

Your Positive Polly,

Sixpack Chopra

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Excellent! You may just convert me to Body for Life yet. Glad to hear you are back in the game, minus the dental work. I'm planning a 5-6 miler this evening, we'll see. I'll hopefully have something to post tonight or tomorrow. Keep it up and run some hills for me, while you are at it :)
Yours Truly,
Negative Nelly

Sixpack Chopra said...

Thank god, someone reads this blog!!! I was getting worried.

Thask for the words of support. I'll help you if you convert! :-) Good luck with the 5-6. Did I send you the schedule?