Monday, October 29, 2007

Twice in One Week???? What a Schock!

I'm back. You couldn't get rid of me that quickly. Bwa ha ha haaaaa.

Just thought I would round out my last posting by filling you in on the rest of runs for the week. Ginifer came over and we did a challenging 3.5 miler. I have NO idea why we were totally gassed, but we were. I like to chalk it up to over training, but maybe that is just the cowards way out. The slower pace worked out well for me though, because I was sore from the 5 mi. the day before and had to run the 8 mi. the next day. So, I enjoyed plodding along.

I had some doubts as to whether I would a) actually run the 8 mi. and b) if I would actually finish the 8 mi. on Sunday. But, I am happy to report that I finished in one piece, my legs are still attached although my legs are rebelling and might secede to Mexico. I started out too fast, as always, but over the course of the run, I managed to slow the pace down so that I could maintain it. Not including stop lights, I only stopped about twice briefly. I still kept my avg. pace under the training plan by almost 2 mins., so I really do need to play with the numbers like Don mentioned. Starting this week, I think I am going to keep my running days down to what is prescribed on the plan, so that I can continue to walk instead of limp!

Final Report:
Miles: 24.1
Time: 3:53:07
Avg. Pace: 9:40
Observations: Looks like there is going to be a battle at the Alamo, if my legs don't start cooperating!


1 comment:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Just remember: If there had been a back door there wouldn't be an Alamo!!

Congratuations on your run. That's awesome! You are racking up some serious miles. Careful, careful! But if the legs can handle it you are doing great!

So glad you are coming along for the run.