Friday, December 08, 2006

Welcome Wayne to Drunk Runners!!!!

Wayne has been running for about the last year, and has taken the big leap and decided to run a marathon. I don't think he has any idea what he's gotten himself into, which is why he belongs here. After all, neither did any of us!!!
I secretly think he's decided to run the marathon because he can't stand that his little brother did it before he did. :-)
So, let's all show him our support and look forward to hearing stories of long runs through the blowing snowing tundra that can be the homeland. Yes, folks, he's back in Brooklyn, WI. The link is to a run I mapped from his house to New Glarus (Yes, it's named after a Swiss Canton). Check out the green. Just gives you an idea where he lives. Of course, it won't be so green as he does most of his training.
I'm looking forward to hearing the perspective he'll have for us. Especially tips on running in cold weather. Julie you are going to need those especially!!!!!
Everybody raise a glass and give Wayne a nice big Drunk Runners Prost!

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I can't tell whether you are being facetious about the cold here in Texas or not. We did, indeed, experience the cold snap. Brrrrr. It even got down into the low 30s (granted, that was at night).

Anywho, makes for excellent running weather compared to sticky molasses humidity!

Sixpack Chopra said...

I need to work on my writing skills, because FACETIOUS is what I was being!!!! The low 30s is what we call a brisk day in Wisconsin. That said, I don't live in Wisconsin and am becoming quite a wuss.