Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wayne's year in review

On April 15 I topped the scale at 239 pounds, I looked at a 3 day old picture and said HOLY FUCK YOU ARE FAT. I tried running but my knees and lungs wouldn't stand for it. So I started out walking 1 mile a day. It wasn't until June that I could run a full mile. I never kept track of times and distance because I didn't feel the need. Now that my goal has changed I finally started to keep track, but I didn't start until December when I decided to run the Mad City marathon. So the only accomplishment I can shop this year is weight loss and that comes to a grand total of 58 pounds and that I'm actually in shape to train and I will accomplish my goal. I now know why Forest Gump ran to get over Jenny It's very therapeutic. I'm thinking of changing my name to Forest. That way when I hear someone yelling RUN FOREST RUN I'll know they are cheering me on. As for the drunken part I drank a lot until October when I was told to cut back, but I promise to ignore Doctors orders and drink more in 2007 and curse the name of Sixpack Chopra for starting this Marathon thing and forcing me to keep up with my little brother.

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

You just keep on keepin up!!! 58 pounds is awesome!!! The Running Gods will forgive you a few miles for such an amazing feat! The last time I lost that kind of weight it took me 2 years. Congrats!!!!!!
I'll get dad on here too, for his training!!!

dr. deetschei said...

58 pounds IS great. You could mold a mini-you out of that and have it do all the chores. Congrats! It takes a LOT of dediccation to go from walking a mile to running a marathon. You da man, man.