Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm Back, Man!

It's the second week of weightlifting and now is the time to continue my progress from last week. I went online and ran some numbers for my training over the next 17 weeks or so, and got some good encouragement. I only have to run 6 miles in the first week of training. Not bad. I'm going to start slow, even though all I want to do is to be out there running, running, running. I think the hardest part will be keeping the distance down so that my knees can recover, but that is essential.
I did pretty well. I was psyched really. There were no moments of pain and never a moment when I thought I wouldn't be able to maintain the pace. It was awesome!!!! So, I have run 2 miles this week and couldn't be happier.
I wish I had a cute little story about the drama I encountered on my run, but there's no drama to be had when you are running on a treadmill at the RSF. None, zip, zilch, Nada!
Runs scheduled on Wednesday and Saturday of this week. My weight lifting class is Monday and Wednesday, so I may need to move runs to Tuesday and Thursday, but for now, I'm going to leave them on Monday and Wednesday.

Stats:

Distance: 2 miles
Time: 23:38
Pace: 11:49 / mile
Overall Impression: Oh How I Love That I Am Sweating Again! (OHILTIASA!)

4 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Ok old (Back)man! You have thrown the gauntlet, and I gladly accept. Send me your training plan and I will sync up my plan with yours. Since you ran 2 today, I will be heading out once the sun begins to set to complete my 2.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Dude, I accepted your Pepsi challenge and ran 2 last night. Avg. pace of 10:08. Sweet. Feels good to be back in the game.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Awesome!!!! I'll be doing 2 more again on Thursday!!! Look out! I've got weightlifting tomorrow. It's going to be a wild week. I'm sooooo sore.

Clyde S. Dale said...

I was going to say you shouldn't mix the lifting in with your running days. If you are worried about your knees try doinf the balancing routine, no not the the one where you balance on your head and drink a beer. The one where you stand on one foot and do squats, work on strengthening all the joints on the lower half. Try using your foam roll once the strength is up and balance on that while you do squats (suggestion: use both feet here).
Glad to here you are feeling better. I will start the serious training this Sunday. From then on I will have regular posts.