Monday, November 05, 2007

Happy Birthday Deetschei and Some Running Stuff!!!!

Yesterday was Deetschei's birthday. Knowing what a slack-ass friend I totally am, I am sure he will forgive me for failing to call - I ran 9 miles for you instead (and the card really is in the mail). Anywho, in celebrating Deetschei's birthday, I am reminded that had it not been for his initiative, we wouldn't be the blogging drunkrunners that we are today. So raise your glasses and give three cheers to the ringleader of this disorderly bunch and hope that he returns to blog once more with his fellow drunkrunners!

In other more drunkrunner-like news, I successfully finished another week of training, bringing my two week total miles to 44.1. Woohoo. That is more than I have run in probably the last couple months. Well, almost.

The week went well, although the shins are up to their usual antics; however, after about half a mile into my runs, I am fine and the pain gradually migrates to the back of my mind. I even added an extra 3 mile run into the mix, mostly because the dog needed exercise. Speaking of the pooch, he is becoming quite the drunkrunner mascot: he accompanied me for a total of 11 miles this week. Although, I think the 5 miler was pushing it, but only because we had to loop by the house a couple of times and he kept wanting to turn into the driveway. He displayed his confusion and mild disdain by looking up at me and nipping at the leash. Well, at least he knows where he lives!

The 9 miler started out tedious and kind of boring - it wasn't like I had oxygen to spare for a little chit-chat, but sometimes it is nice just to have someone else breathing hard next to you. But around mile 6, things got easier and I just slipped into the mindless running mode. I got a late start, what with the whole fall backward time business, and ended up finishing in the dark - I think I have mentioned before that people in this town seem to think that street lights are an extravagance... I swear, if I twist an ankle...

All in all, a good 2nd week. My times are coming down (I curse that merciless speedwork) and the longer distances aren't as bad as I make them out to be in my mind the entire week leading up to them!

Week's Stats:
Distance: 20 miles
Time: 3:05:25
Avg. Pace: 9.16
Overall Impression: Too tired to have one :(

No comments: