Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm down with being the mean guy

So I just got back from a little trip across the pond to see Deetschei get hitched, and was informed by 6-pack that one of my mini-diatribes here caused a minor ruckus. Sweet! I'm sure my post was too harsh but I think it was ultimately well-intentioned. Or maybe I was having a bad day. Anyway I'm maybe kind of harsh in general when it comes to running advice, but the best coaches I've had haven't been the ones that have told me to take it easy when I'm not feeling good. So I'm glad to pass the meanness on. Really, it's for your own good. Also, being mean is fun.

Took a nice 4 mile run with Deetschei and 6-pack in the UK countryside on the wedding day. The plan was 9-minute miles but it was closer to 8 through the first 2 or 3 miles. I think we brought it back down near the end and ended up at 9s. I think we all could've hit 8s or better, and Deetschei was downright chomping at the bit, he's ready for 6s. Or maybe that was the wedding-day jitters. Maybe I'll plan to get married on Patriot's day so I can try using those jitters for a good Boston time. Thanks for the run guys, I think it was worth the itchiness from the stinging nettles. And congrats on that marriage thing Deetschei.

2 comments:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Your gal is in great shape, maybe the two of you could run Boston and get married at the finish line? Whaddaya think?

Thanks for the great run. I"d have never found those stinging nettles without you! And how pleasant they were under that suit.

It was great to finally meet the infamous Nick!

Clyde S. Dale said...

OK I'm jealous, I wanted to meet the drill sargeant. Maybe someday.