Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Chicago Marathon!

Somewhere I heard mention of the Chicago marathon. I think it was Forest. Just wanted to let everyone know the deal, as this is becoming quite common.
Unless you are a member of CARA (Chicago Area Running Association) you have to raise money for charity in order to run. Will there come a time when the only way to run a marathon is to raise $1000 and run a previous race, for which you also raised $1000, in under 3 hours?
I hope not. But anyone wanting to run Chicago had better get his/her ass in gear!



Check it out! I'm thinking of running. Must contemplate over the next week while consuming copious amounts of English ale.

7 comments:

Clyde S. Dale said...

I am doing that for the Madison marathon, I want to run Chicago but I'm not sure I want to try and raise another 1,000 $ to do it. What the hell is this all about.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Yeah, I have a feeling that after a couple fundraisers like these your friends slowly stop responding to your emails and don't answer their phones :)

I don't think Houston requires any of this (wink wink, nudge nudge)!

Clyde S. Dale said...

I know you are talking to sixpack but again I'm in for Houston. I figure the only way I'll meet you is to go down to Texas and buy you a beer.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Ah, well here is added incentive to everyone: Houston is a qualifier for the Boston Marathon :) It is also known as the one of the fastest and FLATEST marathons. Check out the link:
http://www.chevronhoustonmarathon.com/Chevron_Marathon/marcourse1a0b.htm

Clyde S. Dale said...

I had someone tell me on saturday it was a fast course, my answer....It's a marathon how can it be fast?

Sixpack Chopra said...

If it's flat to mostly downhill the times are faster, but I'm with you there Forest. How fast can it be?

Sixpack Chopra said...

If it's flat to mostly downhill the times are faster, but I'm with you there Forest. How fast can it be?