Tuesday, August 26, 2008

366 posts, a cold, and two year birthday

I wanted to note here that this is the 366th post on drunkrunners.blogspot.com, which means that we have a leap-year's worth of commentary about running and drinking. That's a pretty big achievement. Even better, in early August we passed the blog's two year birthday. That mean you have all been drunkrunners for some time now, and I can't even begin to count the marathons, half marathons, Bay to Breakers and other races that have been run since that time. I think the most fun I have had as a reader of this blog would be reading about all the shenanigans that occur while training for these races. Of course, the race reports are always fantastic and awe inspiring as well.

Currently, I am battling a cold. I switched my first twenty miler from last weekend to this weekend, and am now just trying to stay awake. I will post a large post about the past two weeks as soon as I hit the asphalt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! 366 posts. 2nd Birthday for your blog and you are not feeling well. Dang, hope you feel better soon. Take a shot of Jagermeister to combat your cold. Get well !!!

Sixpack Chopra said...

I agree with Ted. A good shot of Jaeger should take care of that cold. Or of my newly discovered nastiest of nasty liquors. Many here call it White Lightning, some call it China Fury. Either way it is 150 proof of NASTY! That would kill anything in your body, including perhaps your soul, but the risk might be worth it.

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

Woo-ha! I knew I felt older for a reason but just couldn't place it... I suggest lots of sleep and lots of apple brandy for that cold of yours. Although, White Lightening does have a snappy ring to it. Good luck with 20 - kick its ass!

Anonymous said...

White Lightning here is the cheapest and nastiest of the cheap and nasty ciders on sale on these shores and should be avoided at all costs! Luckily Dayton is well enough acquainted with our culture not to make this mistake :)