Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Week 12 and General Update

Body For Life, Round 1 is over. It was 12 weeks, most of which were pretty close to the prescribed plan. Although in retrospect I have to say I could have done a few more workouts and probably would have seen better results. In the end, I've lost 15 pounds and am in great shape. Thanksgiving and that IT incident really through a wrench in the works, however.
Between visitors from out of town and parties and what not, I fell off the running wagon big time. Yes, I conquered the fire trails, but that was about it. As a result I WILL NOT BE RUNNING HOUSTON! I've had to think long and hard about that one, but it's the best decision. Forest will not be running -- he's in too much pain and decided to move the surgery forward. If I ran it I would probably injure myself--not something I want to do three times in a row. I want to come out of the next marathon healthy and ready to go. This means longer training. Instead of forcing a marathon to happen that would probably be a bad idea, I've decided to take a week or so and just run for fun--something I haven't done in a very long time. Then I will begin a slow training program to get ready for a marathon in June (perhaps one in Santa Cruz.)

That's the long and short of life for me right now. I'm exercising a lot and looking for the time to do a little more. Running is stable but uninspiring. I need to get the drive back. That is what I will work at doing over the next few weeks.

1 comment:

dr. deetschei said...

hey dude,
i know how hard it is for you to make the decision to not run in houston. i'm here to give you props for making the right choice. get healthy, don't risk an unnecessary injury, and for fucks sake, just have fun. that's what it's all about. with two marathons in less than two years, you deserve a few months of don time when you're out there.