Monday, February 18, 2008

(Not) Running with a ....

After unprecendented phone calls and emails from both Dr. Pavement Pounder and Ginifer in the same week (birthdays and holidays notwithstanding) to determine how training is going, I figured I might as well sign on and come clean. While my ailment isn't nearly as severe as other Drunkrunner brethren, it has been pretty damn hard to work up the will to exercise with a fever and a nose that requires a box of tissues to be permanently attached. Is there a patented Drunkrunner cure for this type of thing? :)

Ahhh, winter in Oklahoma--it can be 65 degrees and sunny one day (that was a terrific five mile run by the way) and 18 degrees and snowing two days later. Needless to say that I've been sidelined for the last week and a half. Luckily, I built an extra week into my training plan before the OKC Marathon. (I wish I could say it was thoughtful planning on my part, but I think I just counted wrong....)

1 comment:

Sixpack Chopra said...

ROWC--Keep it going! Glad to hear you have time to make up the loss.

As for the kleenex issues, a cheap pair of gloves from Walgreens does the trick. They keep your hands warm, and no matter where you wipe your nose your hands stay clean. :-) I never said running was pretty. And, for the record, I wash the gloves after every run.