Friday, October 24, 2008

One Run Left

Ahhhh, I'm at the end of the training plan.

I had my last run last night at the local track. It was five miles, three of which were supposed to be eight-minute miles. It went by like a dream. I felt nice and relaxed, and I am looking forward to this marathon.

I keep reminding myself how much it is going to hurt because I think it is important that I am not surprises when the pain sets in. However, I also keep reminding myself that no matter how much it hurts, I will be able to finish. I know this because I have finished a marathon before. I have it inside of me...somewhere.

I hope everybody has a great weekend. I am meeting Sixpack in Dublin on Sunday, and you can believe that Monday night we will be toasting all drunk runners everywhere at the pub.

2 comments:

Dr. Pavement Pounder said...

I have been thinking about you and your upcoming marathon. I am more than certain that you are going to crush my time and give me a reason to start running again. I am really excited to hear the results of both the run and copious consumption of Guinness! If Sixpack can swing it, I hope he holds out a half pint (or even full pint) of Guinness for you to sample at mile 24 or perhaps at the finish line!!! Wish I could be there to cheer you on but we will be cheering you on from MaryLand :) "You can do it! You can do it all night long!" (you gotta love my Waterboy reference, right?)

Unknown said...

I will be signing up for Dublin marathon next year for sure. Good Luck and you will do well. Have fun at the pub afterward as you will need Guiness as your proper post-race hydration.