Monday, March 17, 2008

Practicing running for brats

>
Well on Saturday I went down to Rockford (Ill) to run with Kojak. (Scooter is having motivation problems, I think he's got to much on his plate and is burning out. I told him I thought he should drop to the half or the quarter. He still reads the posts just doesn't want to post because of the trouble, let's all let him know we've all been there and help give him the drive to keep going.)Back to the run, I got down to Rockford about 6:30 A.M. and had to get Kojak out of bed. In all fairness she had to Waite for me the last time we ran. We stretched and left on the run at 7:30, it was a nice morning for a 14 mile run. It was cloudy but warm,27 degrees. The course was mostly flat but we did endure a few hills but we made them. I have had a sinus problem like most of the rest of the drunk runners and I felt like a mucous factory, thank god for the farmers blow. Something I need to teach Kojak or she needs to carry a hankie. The first mile or so I wasn't sure how things were going to go but we settled into a comfortable pace and just rolled on. Kojak was a real trooper, she had to skip last weeks long run so this was her first run over 10 miles. I was impressed, she kept the whining down to a minimum and just pushed through. I'm not sure what she had to complain about though because all she was carrying was herself. I was the one carrying the nutrition and water, I felt like her pack mule. She continually complained about how terrible my choice nutrition tasted. She didn't want to take them so I had to take her by the head, stuff them in her mouth, hold her mouth shut and rub her throat until she swallowed. A little trick I learned growing up on a farm giving pills to stubborn animals. I swear she wasted more energy fighting the nutrition than she did running. We ran out 8 miles and then headed back, the reason for this was I didn't want to run up the enormous hills at the end of the run. Although it did make for a long two mile walk back to the house. Angel started to have a rough time starting at mile ten, she said she was hurting and exhausted. We stopped at mile 11 to stretch and see if that would help her.At mile 12 she was yelling at me because I would run ahead and then run back to her to give her some words of encouragement. She kept complaining about her leg but didn't want to stop. She was a real trooper, she put up with me and finished her first 14 mile run. We made our 2 mile walk back to the house where I made Kojak take an ice bath to help reduce the inflammation that would happen in her legs. I think she thought I was crazy but when she saw the difference in the way I moved around after mine she decided it was a good idea.When we were finished with all of our post run stuff Kojak's husband Kevin took the brats I had brought with off the grill for the final leg of the training. I have to say a brat is a great way to finish a run. When we finished eating we went to a running store and got her a new and properly fit pair of shoes. I think this week I'll have trouble keeping up with her because as we all know new shoes make you FAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!


Mileage 22.8

average pace 11:08

over all impression: I'm not sure if that snail is getting faster or if I just feel like I am but he's always right with me. I guess I need to do more ice dance cross training. I know I'm fast just look at lexi's hair blow back!

P.S. Scooter we've all had to deal with Sybal. You want to run and she keeps telling you you can't. She tells you to just give up and walk home. When she says stop running you tell ehr screw you this is what I want and you are not the boss of me you psychotic bitch get off my back and leave me alone.
But Scooter don't do this outside while you are running people will think your nuts and call the cops and then we will all have to go to court and explain to them about how we all have a little Sybal in us. Well if they don't believe us at least you'll have company in the Loony Bin!!

1 comment:

Sixpack Chopra said...

That sounds like a kind of evil 14 miles. What are we going to do about 16 miles next week? I'm thinking: Albany to New Glarus Bike Trail. Whaddaya think? Kojac, Scooter, you, me?