Monday, November 27, 2006

Another week down

I'm 8 weeks in. That's halfway. I'm feeling good. Just ran another 12 on Saturday. I'll be bracing myself for the 14 on this coming Saturday.
My brother and sister were here this weekend. And we didn't get as much running time in as we had thought. Wayne went with me for my 8 mile run on Thursday, but as it turns out, it's not so easy running an 11 minute mile with him for 3 miles and then kicking it in at 9 minutes. So, I ended mile 4 so tight I was afraid to go on. That means only 4, not 8 miles, and a drop in 4 miles for the week. I'll make up for it, by not missing any more runs.
My 12 on Saturday was great. I had to meet Chris and Wayne at Pier 39, so I ran from home to the Golden Gate Bridge and then over to the Pier. It was a beautiful run. AGAIN, the first 4 miles were pretty tough. I'm having a hell of a time with shin stuff. I'm going to go to the doctor next week. I don't have time this week, with a big assignment due, but next week there is time. So, that will probably mean more PT. I think I'm addicted. :-)

I'm supposed to do a Fun Run the week after next, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm going to run a run on Angel Island. it's a 12k trail run. Looks cool.

Not much else to report. Missing you all out here in cyberspace!!!!!!!!

Stats:
Total Miles: 20.7
Overall Time: 194.28
Average Mile: 9.36
Overall Impression: Still Not Afraid To Amputate These Shins If Need Be (SNATATSINB)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angel Island is cool! i've biked it. The little place in the north bay where the ferry leaves from is cute too. (just realised i don't need to sign it as dayton to comment).

dr. deetschei said...

To Quote every Liverpool fan:

"You'll Never Walk Alone!"

Hey man, I wish I could be running with you. The Angel Island run looks awesome. You remember how long it took you to build up distances with your knee? I'm about six weeks out now, and think I need to start running soon. While the winter is still mild.

Sixpack Chopra said...

Distance wasn't really a problem with the knee once I got the problem fixed. I had to delay full on training for another month while in Physical Therapy, but now I'm adding about 2 miles a week and still going strong.

I'm looking forward to the Angel Island Run. Wish you could be here for it.