Monday, May 25, 2009

I've been a naughty Drunk Runner

Well folks, I've been bad. I have been running and not telling you about it. In the grand scheme of things, it could be a lot worse. I could not be running and telling you about it or not running and not telling you about it, in which case you would be shooting me evil blogger glares.

A while back I believe I blogged something about running a certain number of miles a week. Well, that didn't happen. I have been running but haven't been consistent in terms of distance/week. Now that the semester is over, I am hoping that this will change. I have managed to at least keep one long run (7 mi.) a week in the schedule. The other run tends to be a 3.5 or 5.5 mi depending on how tired I am/how hot it is that day. Blah! What ever happened to that marathon training I did religiously. Maybe I need to slap together a training plan and post it to the fridge like I did for the marathon. That way, I cross off the runs and feel a sense of accomplishment and when I think about skipping a run, I am confronted with a horrible feeling of failure that guilts me into running. Ah, yes. That sounds like a plan.

However, since I don't have any big race to train for, I have reverted back to my old weight loss running plan of 7-7-7, ideally at a 10 min pace. The rationale being that the longer I run, the more calories I burn. It worked once, not sure it is really "tried and true." I only completed 21 miles once and the rest of the weeks have been, as I said above, about 7-3.5 or 7-5.5 kinds of weeks with a faster pace between 8:55-9:20. So really, I totally suck at sticking to my original plan. I need to find a running buddy to keep me in check.

Anyway, that is really all that I have to share. I am still running. I am planning on running with much more regularity now that it is summer. After yesterday's hot/humid run, I am also strongly considering a gym membership for an air conditioned treadmill... I'll keep you posted.

Run on drunk runners/stumblers/couch potatoes. Run on.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a relief to know that you are still running. Whew !!!