Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back at it Sorta!

I feel a little inferior on here with all the Dr.'s. Oh well someone in the group has to be blue collar.

 Well folks I'm FINALLY back in the game, I started on the elliptical this week and will be going outside for my first run today. I have to get my butt back in shape because for this years marathon training I will actually be coaching. That is just scary as hell to think of! I go from 241 lbs in '06 to coaching a marathon training program in  '09, what has this world come to? I will be one of three coach's on hand during runs. I will be working with the people in my pace range of 9-10, I'm really excited about this opportunity. I plan to go for a 2-3 mile run today and work my way up from their. Actual training begins in mid February and I need all of this time to get back into it. Because of injuries I haven't ran since July and before that it was sporadic. I feel huge right now and not in a good way, I've been eating like I was still running and I'm paying for that. I have wanted this day to come for the last seven months, I'm pumped and ready to go. I just have to remind myself not to push it. It will be a little different this year not having the sibling rivalry with Six Pack but he'll be back and we'll pick up where we left off. Well folks I guess that's all......... happy running and happy core building. Push on runners!

1 comment:

Sixpack Chopra said...

Go Clyde! Coaching will certainly kick your ass in gear. Take it easy though, I'm worried about your knees and your time off. Listen to your body. Don't get all tough guy or you'll end up in surgery, AGAIN!!!!

That said, the coaching sounds like a fantastic experience! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. As for the rivalry, it's not over. I'll be running again this week, so I'll post when I get started. I haven't quit. I've decided to go back to square one and just run for fun.